Self-care is so crucial because it helps you take care of your mind, body and soul. This post will detail 64 ideas for self-care to inspire you to practice different self-care activities. There are many various practical self-care activities that you can do daily. Learning and realising your self-care and self-worth will allow you to take care of yourself better.
(This post may contain Affiliate links, For more information please click check out my disclosure policy)
But why do people find it hard to use self-care daily?
Practising practical self-care activities isn’t always as easy as people think it is. Because a lot of us have crazy busy daily lives. This could include:
– having a stressful job
– having children to look after
– even are too consumed with what is going on in the world.
So me-time maybe the last thing on peoples minds. Self-care can be challenging to start with. This post of 64 ideas for self-care will help get you started on learning how to use self-care daily.
What is Self-care?
It’s any practical self-care activity that you do to take care of yourself. This can be anything to do with taking care of yourself mentally, physically or emotionally. Practising good self-care is the key to improving your mood, your self-worth and reducing lousy feeling you have about yourself.
What Self-care isn’t about?
Self-care isn’t something you should force yourself to do. It’s used to help people to refuel themself. Also, Self-care isn’t selfish. It just allows you to consider your own needs. It’s also about knowing what you need as a person to help take good care of yourself, while also taking care of others too.
Self-care is different for everyone. Here are three golden rules to help you get started before I get into the 64 ideas for self-care:
- Start with the basics because you will start to pick up your little routine overtime. Once you’ve picked up the routine, you’ll begin to identify and implement better practical self-care activities. These will work for you and help you grow.
- Self- care is about actively planning; instead of it be something that just happens out of nowhere. It’s your active choice to treat yourself well. Making a plan and adding it to your calendar is an excellent way to start. This will show how committed you’re on working on your self-care and self-worth.
- Make sure you maintain a conscious mind throughout because you need to be aware of what you are doing and why you are doing it. This is a good habit to start doing.
64 ideas for practical Self-care activities:
There are many different ways you can work on your self-care and self-worth. It doesn’t matter what approach you take because there are many ways to figure out what strategy for self-care works for you.
Make sure you learn these practical self-care activities. While implementing them into your daily routine can do you all the world of good. It’s a brilliant way to boost your mood.
Top 5 out of the 64 ideas for Self-care
1# Sleep is an important part and needs to be apart of your self-care routine.
Sleep has a massive effect on how you feel daily, whether that’s emotional or physical. If you don’t get enough sleep, it can affect you massively. Many things can cause havoc to your rest, such as stress.
To improve your sleep, think about having a carefully planned night routine, whether that be you reading before bed, freeing yourself of all distractions.
Related post: How to Improve your night routine for Productivity
2# Make exercise apart of your practical self-care activities
Exercise is so good for us. Exercising daily can help us in so many ways by reducing stress, changing our mood and help you lose weight.
This doesn’t mean you have to exercise all day every day, just make sure it’s apart of your routine during the week.
Related post:10 ways exercise helps stress effectively
3# Say No when you need too is apart of self-care
Saying No can be really hard because most of us are not used to saying yes as we want to help people out sometimes. But, if you’re stressed out with other things going on in your life, saying yes to everyone you love can affect you.
Learn to say no in the politest way possible. Making more time for yourself to use practical self-care activities.
4# Get organised
Make sure you are organised is an excellent way to become healthier. It allows you to take care of yourself. Making small changes, such as keeping a planner to help you write down what you need to will keep you organised.
5# Read books on self-care
Read more self-care books because we tend to be on our phones a lot for entertainment. But instead being on our phones all the times, read a book to help you learn how to better your self-care and self-worth.
You will see a massive difference in how it can help you understand things, instead of your scrolling through your phone all the time.
There are my top 5 out of the 64 ideas for self-care that I am going to mentions. Here are the rest:
- Gratitude journals –Self Care Method: How is Journaling Beneficial?
- Declutter your house
- Binge-watch your favourite Netflix shows
- Take gratitude walks
- Light a candle and relax in the bath
- Brainstorm your dreams and values
- Use a face mask and take some time to yourself
- Make your favourite meal
- Treat yourself to something you have always wanted on payday
- Give yourself a compliment
- Organised a cocktail party with friends
- Create a morning routine
- Create a night routine
- Remove toxic friendship and relationship from your life
- Slow yourself down
- Meditate or pray
- Celebrate your achievements
- Take time out for yourself to be alone
- Have a no chore day
- Do yoga classes – Benefits of yoga
- Go on a bike ride
- Create your own bucket list
- Find a new hobby
- Make a vision board – What are Vision Boards & How do they work
- Go on a long car ride
- Clean out your purse
- Read some inspirational quotes
- Get some sun
All of the 64 ideas for self-care can help you mentally and physically do better for yourself. While improving so many things in your life.
- Take a break from socials
- Visit friends
- Visit family
- Plan a beautiful day trip
- learn something new
- Sleep in
- Have a Spa day
- Get some sun
- Create a budget for yourself
- Dance it out
- Listen to music
- Be creative
- Repeat your affirmations
- Cry, let out your emotions
- Do something you used to love doing as a kid
- Turn your notifications off on your phone
- Do meal prep
- Schedule time at least once a week to do something you love
- Think about where you want to travel
- Explore new ideas
- Reach out and help others
- Forgive yourself
- Don’t apologise more than you should
- Massage your temples
- Eat fruits
- Remind yourself you can have fun and be happy
- Do a puzzle
- write a letter to your younger self
- Think about your future plans
- Just have fun.
There are soo many things you can do.
These 64 ideas for practical self-care activities are just a few. I hope you enjoy and use some of these 64 ideas for practical self-care activities to help you with your self-care and self-worth.
If you are looking for some self-care help, this Mini Self care Bundle is something you need.
The amazing thing about the Self Care Mini Bundle is the number of resources and the knockout value.
But this can also be overwhelming if you’re struggling just to keep up most days. That’s why the Ultimate Bundles team (the curators of the Self Care Mini Bundle) created the cheat sheets.
Each resource in the bundle comes with a 1-5 page CliffNotes-style summary to go along with it, so you can cruise through the information so. much. faster. That way you can actually apply the principles to your life, or you can quickly discover which particular resources you want to dive deeper into.
For just 8 bucks extra, you can add the full package of cheat sheets to your bundle, making it much more likely that you’ll use this awesome collection of tools to help you meet your financial goals.