Exercise is a commitment if you want to stay healthy. Finding the time to exercise is important but it’s very challenging. But do you know when the best time to workout to lose weight? Whether the Best time to exercise, Morning or Evening…
It’s very important to squeeze in a workout whenever it is possible for you. Have you ever considered the best time to go gym for weight loss?
Optimising your workouts around the best time to exercise can effectively benefit you in the long run.
To be able to understand why times place apart of being important, figure out what the best time to go to the gym is.
So when is the best time to workout to lose weight? And how do you know what is the best time for your body?
There needs to be a clear understanding of how your body function over a 24 hour period.
Us humans have a biological clock, this helps us with:
- Regulating our sleeping patterns;
- when we eat;
- blood pressure;
- body temperature.
These all play a part of our physical performance, well-being and health.
So when is the best time to workout to lose weight, Morning or evening?
This post will explain the best time to exercise whether it morning or evening. As Well as explaining the pros and cons of both Morning and Evening Work out to help with figuring out when to workout to help lose weight.
Related post – How self-care improves your confidence in life
All of your bodily functions are at its lowest because it when you have just woken up as sleep puts your body in a relaxing state. But is the best time to exercise in the morning?
Working out in the morning can not only kick start your body for the day, but it helps provide a better quality sleep giving you a better end to your day.
Pro of a morning workout to lose weight
- You become more consistent if you workout to lose weight in the morning as a daily workout. As you will start to exercise before you actually get to work, allowing you to focus on your wellbeing before work. Additionally, getting you pumped for the working day because your health is highly important.
- Workout to lose weight early in the morning is helpful because not only does it increase your level of energy at work and in the afternoon. Your body always performs at its best in the mid-afternoon, this is because workout in the morning can help elevate this further. You will be able to be more productive at work.
- Especially, having a workout to lose weight before you have breakfast can help with burning body fat more effectively. In comparison to evening workouts, morning workouts jumpstart your metabolism because it results in you burning calories within the day, rather than after a workout in the evening. This is because when you’re sleeping, your metabolism is much lower.
Cons of a morning workout
- Morning workout to lose weight, it can be tough to get motivated to wake up early to workout. Especially, if you hate waking up early.
- In the morning our joints and muscles are stiffer when we wake up; this makes them more prone to injuries when exercising in the morning. Make sure before you get on a treadmill in the morning, do some light stretches and deep breathing to be able to let your blood flow.
- Exercising before you actually have your breakfast can make you burn out earlier and become more fatigued. This is because when you wake up you are running on an empty tank after sleeping.
Pro of an Evening workout to lose weight
- Workout to lose weight in the evening, your body temperature is a lot higher in the evening. Compared to in the morning, your muscles are more flexible at this time compared to in the morning. Making it a lot easier for you and there will be less strain for you to exercise so the chance of exercises is much lower.
- Exercising in the evening gives you a good stress release after a long day at work. This will allow you to clear your mind during the workout. While making it one of your final tasks before getting into your bed.
- Your energy is more likely to be up in the second half of the day, compared to early in the morning.
Cons of an Evening Workout
- Evening workout can be easily be called off because of work and using tiredness as an excuse. This can occur occasionally due to unexpected work commitments or even family demands. This can make evening workout much harder to commit too then morning workouts.
- Evening workout to lose weight can make it harder to fall asleep because after you work out your body temperature, metabolism and heart rate is elevated. So what I would do is do some stretches before sleeping to be able to overcome this.
- There are fewer options to workout in the evening because most people are at the gym around this time. Because in the day you are able to squeeze in time to take running in the park and more.
Related post – Life-changing ways to de-stress and reduce your anxiety
SO when is the best time to go to gym for weight loss?
There are many advantages of both morning and evening workouts.
Ideally, Morning workout is best for burning fat and losing weight but afternoon workouts may be better for your performance as you will have more of a boost since you have eaten a meal or two.
Both come with perks, be as you know sticking workout plan isn’t always easy as you are competing with the demands of work and more.
But for you to get the best out of it, to benefit your health, I personally would say the best time for you to lose weight is all dependent on you.
Because if you are sticking to your regular work out whether that be in the morning or the evening, it does really matter what the best time to exercise to lose weight is. Exercise is always and will be always about consistently going to make it a long-lasting exercise habit.